What We Do
SLCOA The Skiff Lake Cottage Owners Association is made up of volunteers who oversee and maintain stewardship of the lake and it's residents. It is an incorporated body and has been in existence for a number of years. Some of the activities are the following:
Arrange and work with providers for garbage collection. Currently there is one dumpster ( Off Owls Nest Road along LaCoute Drive) and weekly pickup on Route 122 (Mondays before 11:00)
The Owners Association worked closely with the Canterbury Fire Department and EMS services in providing 911 signage in the event of any emergencies. This included identifying cottage owners, renaming lanes and access points.
The Association has lobbied extensively to the Province of New Brunswick Government and Natural Resources Ministers in efforts to restrict the timber of Crown Land that runs along the east side of the lake. Allowing such a harvest would have a devastating effect on the ecology of the lake and the natural habitation of many forest animals. While this piece of land is safe for now, it's future is still uncertain.
The Association ensures safe water quality by having the lake tested throughout the summer.
This is your lake!
We all need to help and preserve!
SKIFF LAKE COTTAGE OWNERS ASSOCIATION
WHY SHOULD YOU BE A MEMBER?
(The fee is only $25 a year)
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND THE TWO MEETINGS A YEAR?
(Usually the first Saturday in July and the last Saturday in August)
IT’S WHERE YOU CAN ASK QUESTIONS AND GET ANSWERS ABOUT:
· Conservation and protection of our lake and surrounding lands
· Making sure the southern shoreline will always be a Protected Natural Area
· Preserving the pristine water quality we all enjoy
· Protecting the birds, fish and animals of our lake and surrounding area
· Lake safety for the enjoyment of all
· Off-season protection of your properties
· Public services we receive because we pay property taxes -police and fire protection, road maintenance, zoning & land use, electric power and garbage pick-up
· How you can be kept abreast of the latest information and news
· Social and recreational events, and having fun together
THE SUCCESS OF THE S.L.C.O.A. DEPENDS ON THE PARTICIPATION AND SUPPORT OF ALL PROPERTY OWNERS.